If you want to add the Collab.Land bot to your Discord server and create and manage TGRs (token-granted roles)...Welcome! You're in the right place!
Prior to adding the Bot:
1. Create your Discord server(s).
2. Create the Discord roles you want Collab.Land to manage.
Adding the Bot:
1. Sign in to Discord.
2. Click here to add the Collab.Land bot and add a server to manage.
3. Add Collab.Land with the all listed required permissions:
- Manage Roles: Required for Collab.Land bot to assign and remove token-granted roles(TGRs) configured with Collab.Land
- Manage Channels: Required for creating the #collabland-config(admin/mod channel) & #collabland-join(member channel). This permission can be removed after the channels are created.
- Ban Members: Member safety is a top priority for Collab.Land. The “Ban Members” permission is specifically related to keeping our communities safer from Collab.Land imposters. We ban users who name themselves Collab.Land or any variation of that to prevent scams and keep your community safe.
- Read Messages: Required for reading the Collab.Land /slash commands used in the server
- Send Messages: Required for sending the welcome message in the #collabland-config channel and sending the "Let's go!"(join) button in the #collabland-join channel. It's also required for sending ephemeral messages for the "Let's go!" button click.
If the bot does not have all 5 permissions listed above, it will not function as expected.
Note: Upon Authorization, you will be redirected to the Command Center.
4. The Collab.Land bot creates a collabland-config and a collabland-join channel.
collabland-config: You will see this welcome message. By default, access goes to the person setting up the bot and any server admins.
collabland-join: this is where members verify using the "Let's go!" button.
- Please do not delete or rename collabland-config or collabland-join.
Configuring your TGRs (token-granted roles) :
Make sure Collab.Land is at the top of the server role hierarchy to ensure it properly manages the roles beneath it.
Suggested Discord hierarchy:
Head to the Collab.Land web portal. You will log in with your Discord account.
Select the server on the left.
Click on “TGRs” on the left.
Click on the + Select role button.
Select a Discord role and click Apply. (If you do not see any roles you want, return to Discord to create them first.)
Click on the role and then click "+ Add new" to add the configuration.
Add your token details.
Token Details Explained:
Description: Optional description of your TGR, only displayed in the Command Center for your reference.
Chain type: Select the chain that your token is on from a dropdown list.
Token type: Select the token type of your token from the dropdown list.
Note: When using the ERC-1155 token type, you must enter the token IDs for all tokens in your collection in the token ID section. Token IDs should be separated by one comma, and no spaces.
Address: Input the contract address of your token
Balance: Input the minimum amount, and maximum (optional) amount of tokens that are required to get the role.
Attributes (optional): For NFT token types such as ERC-721, you can add specific metadata conditions. If your NFT contains metadata traits and values you can enter them by clicking on the Attributes button, and clicking on + Add metadata.
Note: You can find the metadata traits and attributes for your token by looking at the properties tab of the token on OpenSea.
Once you have finished adding your metadata, click the Add Traits button or it will not be saved.